A dynamic assessment tool for identifying children at high risk for persistent language disorders
What is this project about?
The purpose of this project is to validate a clinical tool designed to measure toddlers’ sentence diversity and predict readiness for imminent grammatical growth. We hope this research will improve early identification of children who experience difficulty with language development.
You could be eligible if:
- Child is between 27 and 33 months old
- Child’s primary language is English
- Child has no other diagnosis that influences their development
- Child says at least 100 words
- Child produces sentences that are no more than 2-3 words long (e.g., I want cookie)
Incentives for families:
- $20 Amazon eGift Card after each session
- A small toy or book for your child after each session
- A book for your child after completing all research activities
This project has been reviewed and approved by the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Institutional Review Board (IRB #22070) [Krok, PI; Hadley, Co-I; American Speech-Language-Hearing FOUNDATION Clinical Research Grant (Mentored)].
You can also contact Dr. Windi Krok by email or phone (217) 300-9426 for additional information.
Download the flyer: